Hands off SOClAL SECURlTY and Medicare benefits!
We SUGGEST: AUTOMATE BANKlNG AS A PUBLlC UTlLlTY = NO MORE CROOKS
RlCH CROOKS THINK THEY OWN THE PLACE – THINK BUT WE MUST TAKE IT BACK
“These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert, to fIeece the people”
— President LlNCOLN (R) – that is why he left the WHlGS
“I won’t just be your Senator, I will also be your champion….I meant a champion for ALL of us. Students trying to get an education without going broke. Seniors trying to live with dignity on their Social Security benefits. Parents trying to make ends meet on a level playing field. And every American trying to work without fear of losing their job over who they are and who they love….. Whether that means standing up to extreme Republicans in the House or demanding accountability for big banks that break the rules, I’m still ready to fight….. I believe as strongly as ever that when we fight, we can win.”
— Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
“House Republicans seem ready to…continue their fight against the promises of equality that define our country, to resist the will of the American people.”
— Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
The Progressive Promise – Fairness for All
- The Congressional Progressive Caucus believes in government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
- Economic Justice and Security – universal affordable, high quality healthcare for all.
- Preserved and Guaranteed Social Security benefits for all Retired Americans
- Protect private pensions and require Corporate Accountability.
- Invest in New Industries in America to create new jobs and products in US
- Re-build America’s schools and physical infrastructure
- Cleaning up our environment.
- Reaffirm freedom of association and the right for People to organize.
- Enhance working families incomes to live above the poverty line with dignity.
- Bring the Patriot Act into line with all provisions in the US Constitution to prevent personal privacy from unbridled police powers and unchecked government intrusion.
- Extend the Voting Rights Act and reform our electoral processes (LEGALIZED BRIBERY ENDED).
- Create more open media with less monopolistic corporate control.
- Enforcement of all legal rights in the workplace and daily life and eliminate all forms of discrimination.
- Promoting Global Peace and Security bringing US troops home.
- Rebuild U.S. alliances around the world and reaffirm our nation’s constructive support
- Reduce nuclear arms.
- Combat hunger and diseases and reduce debt for poor countries.
- Protect the Environment with renewable energies and reduce Independence on foreign oil, provide clean air and water. Promote highly efficient vehicles, energy-efficient transportation choices, “green buildings,” energy-efficient homes and workplaces, energy-efficient appliances
- Reduce federal corporate tax incentives and only use competitive government procurement reducing Over-Charging by contractors on purchases of goods and services.
- Prudent regulations encouraging sustainable growth and investment in America.
15 BIG IDEAS TO SAVE THE MIDDLE CLASS
- Fund Innovative startups on Main Street USA to produce innovative goods and services for the public benefit.
- Create Public Jobs for the unemployed by hiring them to produce goods and services for the public benefit.
- Public Investment in improvements in physical infrastructure, iclean energy, and state-level public banks.
- Level the Playing Field for American Manufacturing jobs – End tax breaks for Offshoring, strengthening Buy American provisions, and improving the safety net for workers impacted by trade.
- The Career Opportunity Plan Offer job training and career ladders to boost economic mobility.
- Federal Reserve Mandate for Full Employment Use monetary policy to explicitly promote full employment.
- Raise minimum wage, guarantee paid sick days to working people, and ensuring that worker protections are effective and are applied to everyone.
- Strengthen the Rights of Working People to Organize Rebuild labor rights to negotiate pay and benefits that enable them to enter the middle class.
- American Retirement Accounts Create voluntary annuitized pensions with a guaranteed minimum rate of return to increase Americans’ retirement security.
- Public Home Owners’ Loan Corporation to help with distressed mortgages from private lenders and directly refinance them under more affordable terms.
- Fairness in Bankruptcy Act to allow bankruptcy judges to reduce the mortgage principal on primary residence and discharge student loan debt.
- A public Bank to provide credit to individuals with fair and responsible terms limited interest and cap on loan penalty.
- Working people with a new child or a loved one in need keeps paychecks and job during absence.
- Affordable, high-quality child care and education for all children = strong start in life
- Federal financial aid to double percentage of college-qualified students from low- and moderate-income families who enroll and complete college degrees.