ORGANIC GRASS-FED FARMING VERSUS THE DANGERS OF CORPORATE FEED-LOT FARMING
Study at California State University’s College of Agriculture showed grass-fed beef beef is significantly more healthy than corporate factory feed lots. Grass-fed Beef provides more good fats, better protein, higher potential for vitamin A and E and cancer-fighting antioxidants compared to grain-fed beef. But most important grass-fed does not contain most of the poisons and drugs pumped into corporate feedlot beef simply to maximize profits.
Today, most of the beef you find on the grocery store shelves has been fed a grain diet of corn and soy mixed with many foods other than grains to keep down costs and promote weight gain, including gummy worms to milk chocolate bars to stale candy still in the wrappers, these poor cattle are fed whatever is the cheapest source that will fatten them up the most, and apparently, it has been going on for decades.
In 2007, the USDA established a standard definition for the “grass-fed” claim that requires continuous access to pasture and prevents animals from being fed grain or grain-based products, in feed lots prior to butchering.
6 Grass-Fed Beef Nutrition Health Benefits:
1. Grass-Fed Beef can be a Cancer Fighter and promote health and fights disease in multiple animal studies. In 2000, a Finnish study published in the journal Nutrition and Cancer demonstrated the anti-carcinogenic effects of Grass-Fed Beef for humans.
2. Grass-Fed Beef Reduces Heart Disease Risk, and has less overall unhealthy unsaturated fats and more heart disease-fighting antioxidant vitamins, like vitamin E, Bs, A, and D.
3. Grass-Fed Beef Improves Blood Sugar — Getting enough healthy fats in your diet is extremely helpful to keeping your blood sugar at a healthy level for adults ands children. These results in children are also meaningful for adults looking to keep their blood sugar under control to ward off diabetes, heart disease and metabolic syndrome.
4. Grass-Fed Beef has No Forced Hormones and Antibiotics – 80% of antibiotics sold in the USA go to livestock. The main reason corporate farmers use more antibiotics is animals are confined to small spaces with high dangers of the spread of diseases. Cows that aren’t grass-fed live on diets of polyunsaturated grains, cheap wastes, and are typically given hormones to unnaturally increase their weight and hence yield more meat. With grass-fed cows, weight gain is not the goal and has a healthier, lower-calorie low or no polyunsaturated fat diet. Humans easily become contaminated by corporate farmed poison loaded cows, including dangerous hormones and even more dangerous drugs and poisons — animals people put on their dinner plates. Cows fed grain have acidic intestinal tracts that promotes the growth of bacteria like E. coli, which can actually kill someone who eats undercooked beef like a rare hamburger — Thanks to big corporations that care zero about safety or quality and simply use whatever means maximizes profits — we all risk out lives when shopping and eating in America thanks to overcrowded, disease-ridden feed lots.
If meat is organic and grass-fed, then the animals are not given antibiotics or hormones because organic cattle are fed organic grass and are not given antibiotics or hormones.
5. Grass-Fed Beef is The Safer Beef Option — Recently the biggest study to date (by Consumer Reports) demonstrated that choosing grass-fed meat over conventional meat decreases your risk of food poisoning and results in fewer antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and reduced deaths. The researchers tested for the presence and variety of bacteria in 300 samples of ground beef from 103 stores in 26 cities across the country. They found conventionally raised cows had far more bacteria, as well as bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics, than beef from sustainably raised cows — 18% of corporate cows were infected with super-bugs. The bacteria in conventionally raised cows results in 11,000 people dying in the U.S. every year. Grass-fed beef poses less than half the risk of death from corporate feed lot cows. — “poses fewer public health risks.”
6. Grass-Fed Beef is Better for the Environment — Research now shows that traditional grass-based beef production and finishing actually benefit the environment by decreasing greenhouse gas emissions, increasing biodiversity of pasture ecosystems and improving quality of run-off water from well-managed pastures. Overall, grass-fed beef has actually been shown to reduce the carbon footprint and help the environment rather than hurt it.
GOOD FACT: Grass-Fed Beef Nutrition allows cows left to its own devices to eat and thrive on a diet that’s very grass-centric with a few other foraged plants like clover thrown in. Grass-fed beef comes from cattle that consume only grass and other foraged foods during the course of their lives, gaining important types and levels of nutrients and fats needed to be healthy. Meat from 100% grass-fed cows is loaded with far more safe nutrition than you could ever hope for from grain-fed cows.
Pingback: ORGANIC GRASS-FED FARMING VERSUS THE DANGERS OF CORPORATE FEED-LOT FARMING — Concise Politics — Your Time should NOT be wasted. – Life, Death and all between
Pingback: ORGANIC GRASS-FED FARMING VERSUS THE DANGERS OF CORPORATE FEED-LOT FARMING — Concise Politics — Your Time should NOT be wasted. – Conflict Resolution