10 SHOCKING TEA PARTY HATE-SPEECH EXAMPLES:
1. RACIST Tea Party leader Mark Williams mocks NAACP = “We Colored People have taken a vote and decided that we don’t cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People, and we demand that it stop…”
How will we Colored People ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn?…The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?…Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.”
2. Tea Party protesters heckled members of Congress = “A staffer for Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told reporters that Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) had been spat on by a protestor. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), a hero of the civil rights movement, was called a ‘ni–er.’”
3. Michelle Bachmann signs pledge that says black children were better off during slavery. = “Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President.”
4. Sharron Angle = “I feel that the Second Amendment is the right to keep and bear arms for our citizenry…intended this to stop tyranny. This is for us when our government becomes tyrannical… Well it’s to defend ourselves. And you know, I’m hoping that we’re not getting to Second Amendment remedies. I hope the vote will be the cure for the Harry Reid problems.”
5. Tea Party in Wisconsin over senatorial recall elections = “I will tell you ladies and gentlemen, I detest and despise everything the left stands for. How anybody can endorse and embrace an ideology that has killed a billion people in the last century is beyond me.” — Tea Party Nation CEO Judson Phillips.
6. U.S. Rep. Steve King attacks Obama’s middle name, Hussein = “…his middle name (Hussein) does matter. It matters because they read a meaning into that in the rest of the world. That has a special meaning to them. They will be dancing in the streets because of his middle name. They will be dancing in the streets because of who his father was and because of his posture that says: Pull out of the Middle East and pull out of this conflict.”
7. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) equated homosexuality with all kinds of insane behavior – too horrible to write here – during a debate on Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
8. Sarah Palin’s PAC on Democrats = “This is just the first salvo in a fight to elect people across the nation who will bring common sense to Washington.
9. Alabama state senator Scott Beason refers to blacks as “aborigines” — “They’re aborigines, but they’re not Indians”….“illegal immigration will destroy a community” he closed advising his listeners to “empty the clip, and do what has to be done”.
10. Hate Filled Racist & Anti Muslim Signs