OBAMA’S AGENDA FOR 2012 – 2016 – 24 POINTS Taken from Obama’s answer to debate questions:
OBAMA DELIVERED ON VIRTUALLY NONE OF THEM!
1. Good-paying JOBS, ones that can support a family… to make sure your future is bright
2. Build up high-wage, high-skill JOBS emphasizing advanced manufacturing investment and make sure we’ve got the best science and research in WORLD.
3. Change our tax code to give Incentives to companies investing in JOBS in US
4. Help small businesses expand and export all around the world in new markets. Cut taxes for small businesses – the drivers and engines of growth.
5. We must have the best education system in the world with everybody getting a great education
6. Make sure student can afford advanced education including grants and loans at low interest.
7. Make sure community colleges are offering slots for workers to get retrained for the JOBS now and the JOBS of the future.
8. Control our energy future using traditional oil, natural gas, and solar, wind, biofuels, energy-efficient homes and cars. Doubling clean energy production like wind and solar and biofuels. Any car you buy, you’re going to end up going twice as far on a gallon of gas. Continue Lowering our oil imports. I expect those new energy sources to be built right here in the United States with 600,000 new Energy JOBS!
9. Ask the wealthy to pay a little bit more (CLINTON ERA rates) to invest in education
10. Take the money saved from spending on war to rebuild American roads, bridges, schools.
11. Lets fight for All Americans – The 100% and that includes The 47% + The 53%
12. I want to middle-class families, and folks who are striving to get into the middle class, some relief in addition to the $3,600 Tax Cut per family/ year. On the first $250,000 worth of income there will be no change – income over that returns to CLINTON rates, so the well-to-do will pay a closer tax rate to a nurse or a bus driver.
13. End Afghanistan War and begin Nation Building at home.
14. I remain committed to reining in excesses of Wall Street
15. Fully implement ObamaCare to reduce healthcare costs and increase the number of Americans with healthcare coverage.
16. Equality for WOMEN including pay and health care costs – continue Lilly Ledbetter Act. I want to make sure that daughters have the same opportunities that anybody’s sons have. Keep funding for Planned Parenthood and PBS
17. Continue negotiating with CHINA for FAIR Trade like we did with tires. Remove incentives for CEO’s to SHIP FACTORIES TO CHINA to save thousands of JOBS. I want to close loopholes that allow companies to deduct expenses when they move to China and end offshore tax advantages.
18. Implement the plan for more manufacturing and better and more accessible education and training.
19. Continue to protect our borders from illegal distribution and immigration. For young people who came here, brought by their parents, and have gone to school here, pledged allegiances to the flag, think of this as their country, understand themselves as Americans in every way except having papers, then we should make sure that we give them a pathway to citizenship. I don’t want to empower somebody like that.
20. I believe in the Second Amendment. We have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. Do more background checks. Automatic Weapons that were designed for soldiers in war don’t belong on our streets.
21. I do believe that if our young people have opportunity, then they’re less likely to engage in VIOLENT acts.
22. Continue K-12 School reforms to all 50 states nd continue see math and science skills (scores) increase. Then we must provide paths to higher education and JOB skills training.
23. I believe that the free enterprise system is the greatest engine of prosperity the world’s ever known. I believe in self-reliance and individual initiative and risk-takers being rewarded. But I also believe that everybody should have a fair shot and everybody should do their fair share and everybody should play by the same rules, because that’s how our economy is grown. That’s how we built the world’s greatest middle class.
BONUS 24. I believe we must serve our veterans and soldiers. The GI Bill that my WW II Grandfather received allowed him to go to college, that wasn’t a handout. I want to make sure that the next generation has those same opportunities.