WAR ON GLOBAL INEQUALITY = ALLIES = Pope Francis & Obama
By Paul B. Farrell, MarketWatch SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.
Click for Source Article By Paul B. Farrell, MarketWatch SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.
Global war against inequality and BAD capitalism
BAD C”R”APITALISM = GOP + Wall Street + Big Oil + Corporate Greed + Corruption + BS Trickle-down + So-called invisible hands + UNFAIR competition + MASSIVE INEQUALITY OF JUSTICE AND WEALTH + Rampant Consumerism and Consumption + World’s lost moral compass = Pope Francis’ 10-part strategic war plan.
POPE + OBAMA = Fuming American conservatives = While GOP DESTOYS America’s economy while FIGHTING TO KEEP THE BAD C”R”APITALISM + FOR MORE INEQUALITY. + NO hot-buttons like birth control, same-sex marriage, abortion, women’s rights, entitlements. = GOP got nothing!!!
After the Pope’s manifesto around Thanksgiving = Obama labeled inequality “the defining challenge of our time.” = Focus of the rest of his presidency. OBAMA ’s “convinced the decisions we make on these issues over the next few years will determine whether or not our children will grow up in an America where opportunity is real.”
Francis and Obama’s 10-minute meeting went for almost an hour = Was it The accelerating war against inequality, c”R”apitalism and declining moral compass.
Pope Francis = New Gandhi with a long-game war strategy = A FORMER BOXER! = WITH INCREDIBLE POPULARITY! = Fuels his moral authority so much he’s now front man at a historic turning point. Like Gandhi earlier, Francis is a powerful advocate for billions of “outcasts” worldwide, for the “addicted, refugees, indigenous, the elderly, migrants,” the poor, the unemployed.
Obama said to Italian Press = For the pope inequality “isn’t just an economic issue, it’s a moral issue. The pope was speaking to the danger that over time we grow accustomed to this kind of inequality and accept it as normal. But we can’t.”
GOP = Tune out, deaf, isolated in their narrow echo chamber = Endless voter repression + antipoor budgets + stripping of the rights of millions.
Pope Francis = Gives billions of “outcasts” a radical, quietly revolutionary leader raising hopes, rallying billions, preparing them for the coming war against everything c”R”apitalism stands for.
The Pope = Lays groundwork for THE WAR ON INEQUALITY = Conditions so that if capitalists ever do wake up to what’s happening = TOO LATE Like Franch in 1700’s
Some American conservatives the changing political landscape triggering a revolution against c”R”apitalists. = Reality Hit Lindsey Graham: “The demographics race we’re losing badly. We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”
Pope’s 10-point War Strategies against c”R”apitalism + inequality + global conservatism.
1. Inequality = Root cause of all problems in world = Help the poor, reject markets and speculation, attack structural causes of inequality to solve world’s problems.
2. REJECT BS Trickle-down: total economic disaster = Causes injustice = Naïve trust in the culture of Prosperity for a FEW = Deadens society
3. REJECT Invisible Hand of the superrich + Market remedies like cutting workers to increase profits = REPLACE with a better distribution of wealth and income.
4. New tyranny: c”R”apitalism is killing democracy = Exponential Increase in wealth of a SELECT minority = Increased inequality gap + Separating most humans from the prosperity = A new tyranny unilaterally and relentlessly imposing its own laws and rules.
5. C”R”apitalists: new biblical money worshipers = “Money must serve, not rule” = REJECT MONEY’S CONTROL over us. = The denial of the primacy of the human person. = Worship of the ancient golden calf has returned = New ruthless Idolatry of money.
6. C”R”apitalism: Excess consumption killing our values = Increases inequality + Damages the social fabric + Increases violence/conflicts + Blaming the poor = MUST Solve the Corruption at the top.
7. Competition = undermines the public interest = C”R”apitalism survival of the fittest rule by feeding upon the vast powerless majority = No work + No opportunities + No escape = News = 2-point loss in stocks, but not the death of elderly homeless?”
8. C”R”apitalists: humans treated as commodities = Goods used and discarded = throw-away culture = NOT just exploitation & oppression BUT outcasts
9. Conservatism: Undermining the common good = Their own subjective truth = Cannot develop common solutions = MUST have a new MORE HUMANE way of living and thinking = Dignity FOR all humans on this earth.
10. C”R”apitalism: NO moral compass = A rejection of ethics + debasing of humans + Lack of morality + NO ethics = Calls for solutions outside marketplace economics = A balanceD and more humane social order for ALL